Thursday, October 07, 2004

R.I.P.

Friends, it's been a very long week for me. I've been pretty busy cleaning up ashes and the burnt remains of my home. My poor, already over-worked B.S. detector exploded earlier as I was reading this NYT article. See, here's what happened:

Back in January, another Texas Republican Congressman, Chris Bell of the 2th district, filed a rather-damning complaint (summarized here) against House Majority Leader Tom DeLay. Why? Three main reasons:

1. Rep. DeLay illegally solicited and accepted political contributions in return for offical action.

2. Rep. DeLay's TRMPAC laundered illegal corporate contributions for the purpose of influencing Texas legislative races and failed to properly disclose its financial activity.

3. Rep. DeLay improperly used his office to importune federal agencies for a partisan objective wholly unrelated to his official duties.


Sounds pretty serious, right? Well, guess what: the Republican-led House ethics committee unanimously voted to appoint an investigative sub-committee to this complaint, thereby instigating a state investigation.

Take that.

But I digress! The point of all of this is that my B.S. detector passed away earlier today. Here's why:

Following the House ethic committee's findings, Speaker for the House, Rep. Dennis Hastert defended DeLay's illegal actions, saying that DeLay

"fights hard for what he believes, but he has never put personal interests ahead of the best interests of the country."


And with that, my poor little B.S.D., already weakened from last Tuesday's debate between Edwards and Dr. Evil, burst into an enormous ball of flames and died. May it Rest In Peace.

Amen.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://xislaawg.com/azfj/jick.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://uohjvtaj.com/oqkr/svgm.html]Cool site[/url]

August 5, 2006 at 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

August 5, 2006 at 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://xislaawg.com/azfj/jick.html | http://zcxclelo.com/baam/fofm.html

August 5, 2006 at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home